Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Love Note!


(Written April 12, 2012)

Dear TEAMS,

I am currently sitting in our Camry at Marietta War Memorial field, waiting for S’s first baseball scrimmage of the season to start.  After such a mild March, April has turned cold again—well, really it’s turned normal for us.  I am thrilled to see S’s throwing arm having gotten so accurate.  He has grown 2 inches in the last 4 months, and his legs look long and powerful.  Everyone in the team is kidding around, and they are shoving each other and tossing the ball and warming up.

This year will be S’s last with the Boys’ Club, as he will age out next year.  And unless T takes up a spring sport, it will also be the last year for us to have schedule juggling, since M is a senior and doing track.  It makes for busy weeks, although not even as busy as when we had E doing track as well.

Yesterday it was 3 months until Daddy and I have 3 children over 18 in our home.  I am writing this to you to admit to you that some days I wish I could hurry up and just have the house to myself; that if dirty dishes are in the sink at 1:15 PM, I have no one to blame but myself for not cleaning up after my lunch properly.  Or, that I could really just write (or work on stuff for the business) all day uninterrupted.  Or that fixing a supper involving 10 chicken breasts, 1 loaf of bread plus a bag of stuffing, 3 onions and 3 stalks of celery was not commonplace but rather an adventure.  Or that sitting at a baseball scrimmage in 49 degree weather is only an act of love for my son to support him.

There are a thousand different things in my days and weeks and months that in 10 years will be different.  I am thankful that God reminds me when I’m emptying the sink of the dirty dishes at 1:15 PM that in 10 years I will wish for the people to be back to make them dirty.  

Love you all so much,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the intended audience for this manual is my children, please make sure the comments you leave are constructive and positive ones.