Saturday, March 17, 2012

My First Post to You

Dear TEAMS,

This is my first post to you.  I hope it will be one of many hundreds, if not thousands.

I have been told by many people through the years that I should write a book or have a column in a paper or something like that because I appear to be raising my 5 children well.  I am very flattered that they would think that.  And for about 10 seconds, I envision myself as some famous person that people rely on for advice...like a Dear Abby or Miss Manners.  Thankfully, just about the time I am imagining walking on a stage to get some award for my contributions to society, God reminds me I was in the fetal position on my bed not an hour ago with tears making a growing wet spot on the quilt.  I was calling out to Him for help with me or with one of you or both.

When you were young--5 of you in under 7 years made all of you young at once--people would say, "I just don't know how you do it!"  I know their hearts were to compliment me.  But my standard response was a sincere, "Well, I cry a lot...and I pray a lot."  I never wanted people to think that it wasn't costing me to be doing this and that I was one of those women who sail along and life never gets the best of them.  (Although after all these years, I happily quote Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, "I never saw such a woman. Surely she would be a fearsome thing to behold.")  All good things in life cost something, except the grace of God.  Even Jesus had to die in order to create a way for us to get back to our Creator.
You all are the joy of your father's and my life.  A new addition was built onto my heart the moment I was aware of your existence in my body.  No one else will ever take that compartment over, and I am so thankful for the memories that continue to fill each one every day.  I can honestly say that I would have never known what it was like to completely surrender my "self" had it not been for you.  But that is for another post...

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the intended audience for this manual is my children, please make sure the comments you leave are constructive and positive ones.